- Any type of pasta you like (I like wheat pasta because it’s healthier)
- Raw shrimp (one pound)
- Garlic, minced (I like garlic, so I use 3 cloves, but you can use more or less)
- Olive Oil
- One can minced tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Boil water for the pasta. Add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- In a wok or other pan heat about 2 TBSP of Olive oil. When hot add half the garlic. Cook the garlic for a few minutes. When the shrimp is done add the remaining garlic. Simmer on low heat.
- Add the can of tomatoes and some of the tomato juice. Cut up the fresh basil and add. Add about 2 or 3 more TBSP of olive oil. Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add the shrimp mixture on top.
I make this recipe about once a week and it’s one of my favorite meals. Sometimes I also cook crescent rolls as a side dish. I also like to start off the meal with a spinach salad. Yum, Yum, Yum!